[GRASSweb-list]timezones on web page listings

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Nov 28 09:49:25 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 08:01:16AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> What are the timezones for the dates on
> $ lynx -dump -nolist http://grass.itc.it/grass57/source/snapshot/
>  [   ]  ChangeLog               27-Nov-2004 06:16   1.0M
>  [DIR]  conf_scripts/           12-Jan-2004 14:24      -
>  [   ]  grass57src_cvs_snaps..> 27-Nov-2004 06:16   7.7M
> Should I file an apache bug?  Was the default to note a timezone
> somewhere on the page?

The time stamp refers to the time zone of the server.

grass.itc.it: IT = Italy (CET, Central European Time = GMT-1).

> You see those people waiting in earnest for the next update can't
> pinpoint when it will happen otherwise. Concerns any mirrors too.

Mirrors download upon their schedule which depends on the
mirror administrator.

Trick: Download the CVS snapshot once and then use
in the GRASS 5.7 source code directory:

- once only (as CVS remembers):
     cvs login
       (password: grass)

- to update:
     cvs -z3 up -dP

I did this over years with a 56k modem. Take a few minutes
depending on the number of changes.

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it