[GRASSweb-list] Suggestion for your downloads page

Ian Allan iallan at geocode.com.au
Fri Jun 16 01:52:10 EDT 2006

Hi

For some time (more than 3 years) I have had a terrible time getting
Grass running. I've tried it under yellowdog, cygwin, redhat, fedora 3
and fedora 5 with only moderate success. A few days ago I went the
Ubuntu path and had immediate success.

I would like to suggest that you put a link to Ubuntu on the grass
"downloads" page. Although you could argue that its not a download from
the Grass site as such, it is a path to getting Grass running
successfully, and one that "users" would be likely to take.

Regards

Ian Allan

--

Ian Allan
Director Geocode Mapping and Analysis P/L

Email: iallan at geocode.com.au
Web: www.geocode.com.au