[GRASS-web] mirror

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Sun Sep 21 11:58:35 EDT 2008

Thanks, I've added the entry for your site as a tier 2 mirror.

I believe the main thing you would need to add to enable tier 1
capabilities are to allow rsync access from other sites into yours.
While we do not provide explicit directions on this, the conceptual
plan is laid out at the bottom of the mirrors page (http://grass.osgeo.org/mirrors.php
)

Actually, looking at those closer, I see the wording of step 2 doesn't
really make sense -  I'll clean that up while I'm at it.  The changes
should show up on the main site by tomorrow.

I've only ever done client side or authenticated (with SSH) rsync
access myself, so am not the best person to give help on that, but if
you have troubles, there are others here that might be able to point
you in the right direction.  Also, there's lots of documentation on
rsync at http://samba.org/rsync

Scott