[GRASS-web] GRASS GIS on Windows 8?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Nov 30 07:37:30 PST 2012

Hi Markus,

Win8 is relatively new, so I have no Win8-box around here for testing.

but I dont't see any reason why wingrass shouldn't work also in Win8. testing welcomed.

so the message "For Windows XP through Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit" should be changed to
"For Windows XP through Windows 8, both 32 and 64 bit"

on this website (http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software/ms-windows/) is also mentioned:

"Stand-alone Installer package provided by Nielsen & Kudrnovsky:" should be also changed, because the most
standalone installer (nightly & release) are built by Martin.

best regards
Helmut

Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> schrieb:
Hi Helmut,

do you have any answer for Eric?
Can we modify the message to "7+" or the like?

best
Markus