[GRASS-web] urgent

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 26 03:33:54 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM, darshna pathak <darshna1204 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello sir
> Greetings!
> I am  a GIS learner. At present writing a Introductory GIS book   and would
> like to take your permission to reuse the screeshots as images aviliable at
> http://grass.osgeo.org/screenshots/  for my work.
> A credit line acknowledging the original source will be included.

Hello Darshna Pathak,

the materials on the GRASS GIS Web site are available under the
Creative Commons ShareAlike license as stated at the bottom of the page.

CC-BY-SA: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

This makes it possible to use in a book as long as the materials are
attributed (Author, title, URL). If you make any changes to the materials
available under the same license. You should also be able to contact the
individual creators (noted by name on the web page or along the respective
screenshot) if you need broader permissions.

To cite the GRASS GIS software, you can select from here:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Citation_Repository

Hope this helps,

Markus Neteler