[GRASS-web] (no subject)

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 07:39:41 PST 2013

Hi,

to GRASS GIS programming does not depend on any special set of tools except
for C/C++ compiler and/or Python interpreter and few other tools. You can
develop your GRASS module (or call GRASS functionality) using C, C++ or
Python (alternatively bindings to some other languages/environments are
also available, namely R and Bash or other command line).

I've newer personally tried write GRASS module in C or C++ on Windows. The
best place to start is probably this page:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/BuildingOnWindows

If you would like to use some IDE, I can recommend you QtCreator which I'm
using for GRASS development. Here is the guide how to use it for GRASS
(written for Linux, but should be possible to generalize it):

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Using_QtCreator_for_GRASS_C_development

For Python, you just need some Python editor/IDE, I can recommend you
Spyder:

https://code.google.com/p/spyderlib/

Note that you need to run your Python scripts as well as C/C++ programs
from GRASS session. There are other possibilities but this is what is used.

API documentation is placed here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/

If you have further questions about programming in GRASS consider joining
grass-dev mailing list:

Best,
Vaclav