[GRASS-web] Trying to mirror grass via RSYNC

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 31 01:59:55 PST 2014

Dear Paweł,

John is facing a problem to rsync from your server. I can confirm this
issue, too:

neteler at projects:~$ rsync grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl::grass
rsync: failed to connect to grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl: Connection refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.7]

Would you mind to check what your server is doing? Might it be a
firewall issue there?
I tried from a German server as well as from Oregon, the issue seems
to be at your end.

thanks a lot for checking,
Markus