[GRASS-web] DigitalGlobe Imagery

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 4 06:53:27 PDT 2014

Thanks for your interest.

Yes, you can import these data because GRASS GIS relies on GDAL for
import and export. It supports NTF and JPEG and many other formats:

http://www.gdal.org/frmt_nitf.html

Concerning the requested features: also yes:

http://grass.osgeo.org/documentation/general-overview/#Capabilities
"*Image processing*: Support for aerial and UAV images, satellite data
(optical, radar, thermal), Canonical component analysis (CCA), Color
composite generation, Edge detection, Frequency filtering (Fourier,
convolution matrices), Fourier and inverse fourier transformation,
Histogram stretching, IHS transformation to RGB, Image rectification
(affine and polynomial transformations on raster and vector targets), Ortho
photo rectification, Principal component analysis (PCA), Radiometric
corrections (Fourier), Resampling, Resolution enhancement (with RGB/IHS),
RGB to IHS transformation, Texture oriented classification (sequential
maximum a posteriori classification), Shape detection, Supervised
classification (training areas, maximum likelihood classification),
Unsupervised classification (minimum distance clustering, maximum
likelihood classification)"

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Markus Neteler