[GRASS-web] Pontifical Xaverian University Bogotá D.C., Colombia, GRASS GIS Programming

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:15:24 PDT 2015

Dear all,

the place for your modules is the official GRASS GIS Addons repository [1].
The source code is managed using Subversion and is also available on web,
e.g. through GRASS Trac instance [2]. This has several advantages over
hosting the code on some other servers.

What you need to do is described in HowToContribute document [3] on GRASS
Trac wiki, so you can just follow the instructions. The general
instructions can be found on the official website [4, 5].

In the instructions, you will find a request for finding a mentor, somebody
who will review your code before it will go to the official repository. The
ideal way how to do that is to sign up for grass-user [6] or grass-dev [7]
mailing list (according to what fits you more, see archive for the example
topics) and post code there (zip or tar.gz should be small enough). This
helps to make the publication process smoother.

Unless some other solution will be more fitting, you will be granted access
to the Addons Subversion repository (only very basic Subversion knowledge
is required) and the module(s) will appear online the next day.

I'm sorry for the later answer and feel free to ask additional questions,
Vashek

[1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7
[3]