[GRASS-web] Citing GRASS: city and state location

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 8 07:17:38 PST 2016

Dear Rafael,

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Rafael Wüest <rafael.wueest at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear grass-web
>
> I used GRASS GIS during my research and want to cite it properly. I gave the publisher of my research article the following citation details:
>
> GRASS Development Team (2010) Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS, Version 6.4.0). Open Source Geospatial Foundation, USA. http://grass.osgeo.org.

That's generally fine (maybe a bit old? - of course I don't know which
version you used)

Current citation:

GRASS Development Team, 2015. Geographic Resources Analysis Support
System (GRASS) Software, Version 7.0. Open Source Geospatial
Foundation. http://grass.osgeo.org

See also:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Citation_Repository#GRASS_GIS_Manual_citations

> They are now asking me for the publisher city and state location. Can I use the postal address provided under
> http://www.osgeo.org/contact
>
> OSGeo
> 14525 SW Millikan #42523
> Beaverton, Oregon
> United States
> 97005-2343
>
> If not, could you please provide me with the necessary details (city, state)?

In our COPYRIGHT file we state a different address (I guess it will
not be part of the article anyway):
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/source/snapshot/COPYING

As you prefer!

Best