[GRASS-web] new website: draft version

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:39:16 PDT 2019

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 00:02, nicolas bozon <nicolas.bozon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Nick,

> Sorry for the delay once again :)
> Vero, on the contrary your last email couldn't be more on time, as i just 'finished' a very first draft version :)
>
> This is a theme for Hugo. I thus mostly focused on layouts and theme, and wrote the very minimal content until now.

this make sense for me

> This is why you will hit a number of 'coming soon' pages and sections, and we need to create their content together now !
>
> Please consider this work as the foundation of our new website. A lot of work on content is still needed, along with additional design and visuals, and probably various CSS fixes.
>
> For now, i published this work to my github, so we can share and discuss, and push it to the GRASS website github repo later on.
>
> The source code is available here:
> https://github.com/nbozon/GRASS_Web

could you please add some instruction how to test in local machine?
something like hugo for dummy :-)

> And the static website preview, generated by the last build:
> https://nbozon.github.io/GRASS-GIS/
>
> I hope you like it and we can move forward on this new basis. Please feel free to give any kind of feedback.

I like it, few feedback below:
- is it possible to see how could be the website with a fixed top menu?
- I don't like the gray "Geographic Resources Analysis Support System"
could you change it with grass-color
- the "grass-color" variable seems different from the "official" GRASS
color [0], could you try to modify it?

> See you soon
> Best,
>

> Nick