[GRASS-web] Possible corrupted file in source code

Stefan Zbinden stefan.m.zbinden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 02:11:29 PDT 2019

Hi

Sorry for writing this email to the webmaster.

I tried to compile grass 76.

I downloaded the "grass-7.6.0.tar.gz
<https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/source/grass-7.6.0.tar.gz>". When I
unpack it on a CentOS 7 (latest) I get  errors. If I unpack it on a Mac
obviously everything works fine...
During the compile process I found a corrupted file:
imagery/i.atcorr/abstra.cpp. I found binary data in it. Have a look to
the picture.

The same happens when I download "Download latest 7.6-svn code (SVN)
<http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DownloadSource#GRASS7.6>" direct from
the subversion repository. The same file is corrupt.

When browsing the source code "7.6-svn source code browser
<http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_6/>" then the
file looks correct ....

Maybe I am crazy ....

Please would you forward this mail to the correct person ...

Many thanks
Stefan Zbinden