[GRASS-web] Past versions of GRASS manuals not avalable

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 4 07:02:58 PDT 2020

Hi Valentin,

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:59 PM Valentin Lucet
<valentin.lucet at mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing to enquire about an issue I have encountered on the GRASS website.
>
> I am trying to access past versions of the manuals (for instance, GRASS 7.4) at this address https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/index.html. However, this brings me to the manuals for GRASS 7.8.
> I have also tried to follow the download link for those manual pages here https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/grass-7.4_html_manual.zip. The link is broken.
> This problem is the same for other versions (and for some reason the download link for GRASS 7.6 is not broken but downloads the 7.8 version of the manual).

Well, you are right: these older manual pages are not reachable.
They are not broken but I had put a redirect since Google etc
notoriously linked to the old and not new ones.

> I am working with past version of GRASS and would like to be able to access the past documentation. I am also working on an R package which depends on these manual (https://github.com/VLucet/rgrassdoc).

Yes, I see your point. The old behaviour has been restored.
Please try.

Best
Markus

> Thank you for this wonderful software and your great work!
>
> Best regards,
> Valentin Lucet

Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software