[GRASS-web] las Lidar import question

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Mar 21 12:52:04 PDT 2020

Hi Bryce,

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM bryce delany <brydela65 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently started using Grass on my Mac, I’m trying to import some Las data from a drone scan I made with WebODM. The tutorials I have watched have said to use the Las Lidar point import function in grass but for some reason this is option is not available for me. Is there a solution for this? Am I just doing something wrong?

I suppose that LAS support has not been packaged.

The easiest way for you might be to install the PDAL software
(https://pdal.io/) as well and then use this addon:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass7/manuals/addons/r.in.pdal.html

Install it with:
g.extension r.in.pdal

It is a wrapper around the `pdal` binary and will do the job.

Hope this helps,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD