[GRASS-web] GRASS GIS Questions
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Jan 11 01:11:59 PST 2021
Some of your questions are answered more comprehensive on the GRASS GIS website than anyone could do here. So please find below a short version with links to relevant information online:
1. GRASS GIS is cross-platform. You can get binary packages for Mac, Linux, and Windows (see: Download (osgeo.org)<https://grass.osgeo.org/download/>). However, GRASS can in principle also be compiled on other platforms (ARM, BSD, …).
2. At the time of writing, latest stable version is 7.8.5, development version is 7.9 (likely to become 8.0 with the next release), see e.g.: Linux (osgeo.org)<https://grass.osgeo.org/download/linux/>
3. See: License (osgeo.org)<https://grass.osgeo.org/about/license/>
4. The general concept, modules (“tools”) and API are documented, there are plenty of tutorials, books, examples you can find on the website under “Learn”. In addition, there are amongst others mailing lists for users, developers, statistical questions where people can get assistance from the community (Community (osgeo.org)<https://grass.osgeo.org/about/community/>).
5. See: History (osgeo.org)<https://grass.osgeo.org/about/history/> and Contributors to OSGeo/grass (github.com)<https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/graphs/contributors>
From: grass-web <grass-web-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> On Behalf Of C Kovo
Sent: mandag 11. januar 2021 05:53
To: grass-web at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [GRASS-web] GRASS GIS Questions
I’m doing a research project GRASS GIS ad have a few questions if you don’t mind answering. Questions as follows:
1. Which platforms (operating systems) does it work under?
2. What is the latest working version?
3. Under which type of COPYRIGHT protocol has it been developed and used?
4. What types of support do the users of the software have?
5. Who has started it and who is developing it now?
Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the grass-web