[GRASS-web] r.sample.category errors

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:11:37 PST 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 10:35 AM Mitchell Meads <mitchell.meads at tamu.edu>
wrote:

> Thank you Anna, that did work for me! I think the issue now, however, is
> that I am unable to install the necessary R packages in GRASS GIS to run
> the potential model. It also gives me a warning to rescale variables but I
> don't think that could be the issue, could it? I've attached one more
> screenshot because I think that helps you guys out with understanding
> what's going on. Thank you so much for all your help!!

These messages come from R, and specifically from the lme4 package. The
first set of warnings show you have the packages, but built for
different version of R, so you may want to sort that out to make sure it's
not causing any issues. The other errors hint there is probably something
with your predictors. I am no statistical expert, but I would start with
rescaling the data and see if that helps. Also check if you have enough
samples. I would suggest to google the glmer errors, there might be more
specific answers on other (statistic) forums.

Again, grass-user mailing list is the one you should be using. Please don't
send the images as Markus points out, I assume he needs to manually approve
sending the emails over a certain size.