[GRASS-web] Questions about GRASS GIS license

Cristina Alemany Lazaro calemany at i2t.upv.es
Wed Jan 4 03:43:40 PST 2023

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Cristina Alemany, Technology Transfer Manager at the Universitat Politècnica de València.
Some of our researchers develop software that needs to call GRASS GIS for work.
We do not develop commands or sentences that can be part of or included in GRASS GIS, but our code calls to GRASS GIS commands that return data to the UPV code. The end user is responsible for having GRASS installed on their computer for the UPV software to work.
After reading your Copyright and Licensing Information<https://grass.osgeo.org/about/license/> page, we have doubts about how it affects our software.
We understand that the license affects developments to implement new language commands or modify or redistribute existing ones inside the GRASS GIS source code.
But, Does this license also affect the use of data obtained with GRASS GIS in external software?
We look forward to hearing back from you and would appreciate your advice.

 [cid:image005.jpg at 01D6A6EA.187112F0]

Cristina Alemany i Làzaro

Research and Technology Transfer Manager

Office for the Promotion of Research, Innovation and Technology Transfer - I2T<https://www.upv.es/entidades/I2T/indexi.html>

Universitat Politècnica de València<http://www.upv.es/>

[cid:image006.png at 01D6A6EA.187112F0]

Building 8G<https://goo.gl/maps/s8ZP73pPs4ytv21M8> - Acces A/B - 3rd Floor  (CPI)

Camí de Vera, s/n

Tel.: 96 387 70 07 (Ext. 74093)

46022 VALENCIA (España)

calemany at i2t.upv.es<mailto:calemany at i2t.upv.es>

If you receive this e-mail by error, please note that it may contain confidential information, therefore, the use of this information is strictly forbidden. Please inform the sender of the error and delete the information received. Thank you for your collaboration.