[winGRASS] path problem ?

yves hennequin sig.xhardy at free.fr
Fri Aug 10 12:27:47 EDT 2001

I've probably a problem in the path of my startxwin.bat

Unless XFREE86 starts , it seems to be a problem:

When i run Startxwin.bqt, the XFREE window opens and two other windows opens
to.
In the first one, it says that it can't find the file
C:\cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0 and then that it can't find the path
C:\cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
Can anybody help me and tell me what kind of path i can put in my
startxwin.bat ?

Can this problem be at the core of my grass5 crash when i try to type GRASS5
under my bash window under XFREE ?

Thanks.

PS : i've tried to read consenciously the page
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/cygwin_gr
ass50bininstall.html but when i run "grass5" in the bash window, it first
starts with the 3 advertisement and after that, it says :
Error opening terminal: xterm
Invalid resource file, removing /home/500.grassrc5

Is there something else to type to run grass correctly ?

Yves HENNEQUIN