[winGRASS] new window manager for xfree

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Aug 27 07:18:18 EDT 2001

Hi Bob,

i fear that this is off-topic here. (And most probably off topic on the
cygwin/Xfree list too).

The provider of the tarball should give some installation notes. Usually
main installation is to untar the distribution from the root directory
of cygwin (e. g. cd /; tar vxzf /path/tmp/Xfce.whatever.tar.gz).
But you will have to configure the window manager, for which the usual
help documents for XFree86 should help.

HTH,

Andreas

Bo Zhu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to install a new windows manager (Xfce) on
> Cygwin/Xfree86 to replace twm.  I've tried to find
> documentation on how to install it, but I couldn't
> find any.  Can someone please help me with this
> problem?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> -Bo

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net