[winGRASS] cygwin and winGRASS status update

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Thu Jul 5 04:18:30 EDT 2001

Mike, (Cc to WinGRASS)

The opengl is distributed with Cygwin, see any ftp site, the latest is:
May 11 10:25   opengl-1.1.0-5-src.tar.gz

GDAL Geospatial Data Abstraction Library  ...
is the going to be an upgrade for the Grass5?  Frank Warmerdam
http://gdal.velocet.ca/ put it together and now it is an org
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal

Yes, distance, jet lag, loss of a week on your pet projects is
an issue for many of us.  I am in Colorado and am finishing
up a PhD in Civil Engineering at Colorado State University
while working full time for USDA.  However, think of the
major contribution you would make to the world towards a
free GIS system.  We would have to have sponsors to pay
our travel.   That would be a small cost for the benefit derived.

The one thing that has finally set into my thick skull is that
you cannot turn back time.   If you do not jump on opportunity
to accomplish something great, the moment is lost.

John Huddleston