[winGRASS] set up problems with cygwin

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Nov 19 07:53:23 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 04:09:54PM +0530, S. Bipin Charles wrote:
> Dear Wingrass users,
>
> I have problem while running setup  program was giving continous warning
>
> tar:cant find usr/local/man/man3/recordeval.3 to link
>
> after setup it said setup incomplete refer to log file. In log file this
> is the message I found out
>
> "Unable to install file
> D:/cygwin/grass5.0beta11_src/src.todo/display_driver/src/display/devices/XDRIVER2/XDRIVER24/SWITCHER.blocking.c"
>
> can anybody suggest me the remedy.
>

> thanks

Hi bipin,

from above I read that you are using beta11. I recommend to switch
to GRASS 5.0.0pre2 or the CVS snapshot to avoid lot's of problems
which are already fixed.

Best regards

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it