[winGRASS] libG11

Malcolm Blue mblue at nb.sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 1 00:03:58 EDT 2001

That's strange.  I'm able to generate a number of lines on the monitor,
using the middle button function of d.where (it doesn't show the line until
after the next point is added either).  d.zoom acts strangely too, it
doesn't show the 'zoom box' and generally fails for zoom in.

It's possible that the queue is getting filled up, but it doesn't sound
likely within the time it would take for you to add just a few points,
unless mouse move events are continually sent to the event queue. We should
be trying to avoid this anyway.  Glynn had suggested that Expose and
ConfigureNotify events could accumulate (theoretically), but I don't expect
it to happen too quickly, unless the queue is too small and doesn't
dynamically grow or if these events are sent to the event queue when they
shouldn't be.

XGetImage() is used by some of the interactive routines (not too many
though).  Glynn had checked to see which ones used the Panel routines (which
in turn use XGetImage) and the number is fairly small.  Check his emails
from late last week for commands to use to test this with.  (Note that
d.site.labels which was on his list works, so probably only some of the
options need to use panels.)

Keep us informed if you find out any more about the v.digit problems.  I
wish we could use a debugger there but...

Malcolm

---