[winGRASS] some really slooooowwww functions

Matt & Kim patawi at polarcom.com
Sun Feb 3 04:26:34 EST 2002

>2) I've been trying to bring in some GeoTiff imagery and it is
>taking an incredibly long time, over 12 hours for a single 17.6mb
>image using r.in.tiff. This can't be normal (right? please?)

Update:

The problem seems to be related somehow to true colour images.
If I seperate out each RGB channel of the original tiff into a
seperate single channel grayscale tiff image the import is very
speedy. I translated 3 channels at 47mb each in under two
minutes this way.

The problem is not confined to r.in.tiff, d.rast also takes an
inordinate amount of time to display any of the images r.in.tiff
stumbles on.

cheers,

-matt