[winGRASS] some really slooooowwww functions

Matt & Kim patawi at polarcom.com
Tue Jan 29 23:15:20 EST 2002

>> 1) When running many grass commands  instead of the expected
>> output I get:
>>         grass5.0.0pre2_i686-pc-cygwin_bin.tar.gz: No such file or directory
>> For the above session a text file containing the expected
>> output can be found in
>> D:\cygwin\home\Obelix1\g-data\yk\landsat7\.tmp\OBELIX\1396.0
>
>This problem was reported several times lately. But i had no time to
>look into this. It is a mystery to me, it works flawlessly on my machine
>(W2K SP2, latest cygwin).

I found the culprit by doing a full text search of all files in the cygwin
tree for the pre2 filename. It was found in /usr/bin/more:

	#!/bin/sh
	/usr/bin/less -EFX grass5.0.0pre2_i686-pc-cygwin_bin.tar.gz

I don't know what this script is supposed to look like, but simply
deleting the everything after the X seems to be a workable solution.

-matt