[winGRASS] r.[in|out].gdal

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sat Mar 9 05:34:44 EST 2002

Matt & Kim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have a handle on why gdal is not working on wingrass? Is it a
> "throw your hands up in the air, we have no idea what's going on" or a "we
> know what's wrong, but it's going to take ## hours to fix it and there are
> other things to work in first" kind of problem?
>
> I have a large number of 256 colour tiffs to bring in to grass, which
> r.in.tiff doesn't understand. If a fix for r.in.gdal is expected relatively
> soon, (<month) I'll wait, otherwise I'll dive into converting the images to
> 24bit outside of grass first (and hope I have enough diskspace ;-)
>
> thanks,
>
> -matt

Hi Matt,

the gdal library currently does not compile on my cygwin setup. That is
all i can say right now and i have no time to check why.
You options are: Try to fix it yourself (and share with us), beg someone
to fix it for you or wait (no timeframe). Or you convert them first to
24bit, as you propose.

Andreas

url: http://mitglied.lycos.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net