[winGRASS] r.in.hdf

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Sep 7 20:41:18 EDT 2002

Jan Bartholdy wrote:

> I am running Wingrass on Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 Advanced Server and
> have the following problems:
>
> 1) It is impossible to import *.hdf files (I got samples from the NASA
> (MODIS Products). I got the message couldn't execte r.in.hdf. R.in.hdf doen
> not exist in the folder /cygwin/usr/local/grass5 instead of r.in.tiff. The
> same problem exist in the linux version.

r.in.hdf isn't compiled by default, and isn't included in the binary
packages. I'm not sure whether the HDF stuff has been updated for 5.x.

Unfortunately, all of the manual pages and HTML files are installed,
regardless of whether the actual executable is present. This tends to
cause confusion, but couldn't easily be fixed, so it was left as-is
for 5.0.0. Hopefully it will be fixed for 5.1.