[winGRASS] tcltkGRASS sometimes FREEZE

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Thu Jul 17 18:22:09 EDT 2003

Hi Akira

> I use tcltkGRASS with XFree86 on Cygwin/Windows 2000.
> I can use it but it sometimes freezes and is out of control.
>
> It occurs in the XFree86 desktop mode
> as well as in the XFree86 multiwindow mode.
>
> Is any good ideas to resolve it?

I haven't had any trouble in single window/desktop mode with the latest
Cygwin packages on Windows XP(multi-window - lots of trouble, it's still
unstable).

It might be worth finding the server test series page and trying one of the
latest X servers but with the warning that they are experimental so
sometimes are not very good:

   http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

Also:

How long does it take for the freeze to occur?

Which menu items/programs are you using when it freezes?

Cheers

Mike Thomas.

---