[winGRASS] Installation problems

van der Mark, C.J. <xs4all account via olvg> cvdmark at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 9 07:40:07 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Spend two weekends now on installing GRASS 5.0 under Cygwin and I only get error messages.

I installed Cygwin fully on a NTFS Win-XP partition (xp homeversion)
All downloads and installs succeeded

Then I installed GRASS 5.0 as described in the install pages of that compile.
No error messages

I created the object files as directed in the helpfile of 5.0
No error messages

When I start GRASS I first get a small window (from GRASS) which cannot be opened at the top of my screen,
then I get a bunch of errors about files it cannot find, directories that are not accessable and so on.
(there are no spaces in the dir names.)

The only thing I noticed that GRASS 5.0 was disigned for use with Xfree86, but that package was removed and replaced with Xwindows (X11) server......

thanks in advance,
Cees
Amsterdam, The Netherlands.