[winGRASS] Re: Installation problems

van der Mark, C.J. <xs4all account via olvg> cvdmark at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 10 08:39:00 EDT 2004

>> How are you starting GRASS? I would suggest starting the Cygwin Bash
>> shell, and then type "grass5". This should get you started in text mode.
>> If that works, quit Grass and start X-Windows, then start Grass.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Richard Greenwood
>> www.greenwoodmap.com

> I will try the order of doing things you suggested later tonight,
> Thanks!

OK Richard, tried it, no succes.

I then deinstalled Grass and reinstalled it using the installation instructions for 5.0.3
worked my way down, also installed the spearfish tut/example files

Started GRASS in the bash-shell, filled out the name,location and so on, then grass started.
Typed exit, leaving GRASS..no problem

Then I fired up the Xwin batch file and started grass again
got a little win-box with the files to choose from, took one, pressed OK and errors again, tried another (looking at the Spearfish tut manuals)...errors again.

I think I will deinstall everyting, from GRASS to Cygwin, destroy all the directories until no trace is left of it all. Then reboot and reinstall the whole thing.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Cees

also installed the packages that are op the 5.0.3 version installation description and