[winGRASS] Grass 5.4?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Dec 2 05:26:30 EST 2004

luke at rwa.co.za wrote:

> I see that Grass 5.4 is now avalible to linux users. How about cygwin?
> is it going to be ported here eventually? I see that the download default
> is 5.3 even though it says 5.4. 5.3 is now longer supported.

It shouldn't need to be "ported"; all versions of the GRASS source
code ought to compile under Cygwin (if it doesn't, and the developers
are made aware of that, it will be fixed).

As for binaries, they'll be available when someone builds them and
makes them available for distribution. I'm sure that the maintainers
of the grass.itc.it site will be willing to host them, but I don't
think that any of the developers at ITC actually use Cygwin, so it's
dependent upon someone who does have Cygwin building them.