[winGRASS] (no subject)

jonas lang jonas-grass-de at gmx.net
Thu May 27 05:18:33 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I just installed Cygwin on W2k. Now I wanted to
install GRASS-GIS Software and got the following
message: "You may need login as root for
installation."

I am able to Install Software on W2k. So I should have
this right also withhin Cygwin, or not? I tried to
login as root, but of course I don't have the correct
password. But also our W2k-Admin could'nt login as
root nor as admin. (we use domain logons)

su- said: user root does not exsist

What can I do? Can I create "my own" user root?

CU,
Jo