[winGRASS] Location Spearfish

Helmut Muenzing hmc at sflu.com
Fri Oct 15 21:28:18 EDT 2004

Hello there

I switched from GRASS 5.0 to 5.3. by downloading and installing the binaries. I
downloaded the corresponding data (spearfish_grass53data.tar.gz), un-tared the
file and all the files are now in the directory /mydata/spearfish.

I start with grass53 in X-Window. GRASS offers Location "spearfish", Mapset
"PERMANENT", Database "/mydata/spearfish".

If I accept, GRASS says: Location <spearfish> doesn't exist. Available
locations: PERMANENT user1 - Would you like to create location <spearfish>? Etc.

I did not have that problem with GRASS 5.0. What did I overlook? - Any idea?

Helmut