[winGRASS] db driver problem?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Oct 23 23:03:31 EDT 2004

Huidae Cho wrote:

> Yeah, I agree with you. Nothing should be dependent on the behaviour
> of the linker.
> I found that there are no db_driver_* symbols in dbf.exe in the
> pre-compiled version.

In that case, either there was an error compiling db/drivers/dbf, or
you aren't looking hard enough (IIRC, Windows executables don't export
symbols unless you explicitly tell them to).

The dbf driver ($GISBASE/driver/db/dbf[.exe]) implements the following
functions itself:

	db_driver_close_cursor
	db_driver_close_database
	db_driver_describe_table
	db_driver_execute_immediate
	db_driver_fetch
	db_driver_finish
	db_driver_get_num_rows
	db_driver_init
	db_driver_list_tables
	db_driver_open_database
	db_driver_open_select_cursor

Check the output from "make" to see whether db/drivers/dbf compiled
successfully.