FW: [winGRASS] GRASS 5.7 for Cygwin

Helmut Muenzing hmc at sflu.com
Sun Oct 31 21:37:39 EST 2004

That was fast!

I loaded all files down and installed them successfully except the GRASS itself.
It says: "You may need login as root for installation" and does not create the
directory "usr/local/grass5.7.cvs-i686-pc-cygwin-30_10_2004" as it should. Such
had never happened on previous installations.

Now I tried "login" using the name of my computer, but I am asked for a
password. I had never installed any password protection on this computer.
(Anyway I am on loggerheads with passwords, I really hate them!) If I hit return
without password it says "login was incorrect" and times me out after 300
seconds.

Well I am a bit ignorant about UNIX, I admit. How can I work that out?

Regards

Helmut Muenzing
hmc at sflu.com