[winGRASS] Building LIBGIS (GRASS60beta1) under MINGW

Javier A. Yebrin javier.yebrin at ing.unitn.it
Tue Jan 25 05:25:06 EST 2005

Hi Glynn,
I'm sorry but my post was not clear. When I refer to MINGW it should be
noted that it comprises also MSYS, which is a POSIX and Bourne shell
environment. Of course it is not a complete environment such as CYGWIN,
nevertheless I was able to run the configure script. The latter statement
does'nt mean that then GRASS could be built... But I'll try to.

What really confuses me is the fact that there are a lot of "ifdef MINGW32"
within the GRASS code. Does this mean Grass is expected to be built under
MINGW?

Cheers,

Javier