[winGRASS] Grass 6.1 and PostgreSQL 8.0

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:13:39 EDT 2005

On 6/16/05, Anantha Prasad <aprasad at fs.fed.us> wrote:
> Purpose: To install Grass 6.1 on Windows thru Cygwin.
>
> Wanted to know if I still need to install the postgreSQL version on cygwin
> if I have a newer Windows version 8.0.3 with PostGIS working on my Win2k
> computer.
> Can grass use the 8.0.3 windows native version. If not, is it ok to have
> two installations of PostgreSQL?
> Thanks much.
> Prasad

Native Windows Postgres 8.x works fine with GRASS on Cygwin or *NIX.
   db.login driver=pg database=yourdb user=you password=yourPassword
   db.connect driver=pg database="host=localhost,dbname=yourdb"
   db.test test-test1

And the native Windows Postgres is so much easier to manage than the
Cygwin version!

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood