[winGRASS] Re: remove problem subscriber?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Oct 13 12:39:40 EDT 2005

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > The daily messages from
> > info at thomas-reinfelder.de
> > saying
> > Ihre Email kam an - Danke!!!
> > are a nuisance to the remainder of the list.
>
> I agree.
>
> > The message was doubly disturbing because I have recently seen a
> > virus/worm alert, which in one of its forms, sent a very similar message.
> >
> > I have been list manager for several lists for more than a
> > decade.  After about 2 days of this on any list of mine, I would have
> > removed this subscriber from the list, ending the problem.
>
> Since people can be traveling, I have waited for some more days to
> receive a response. I also contacted them personally.

One option is to leave the address subscribed but to bar it from
posting, although that requires having separate poster/recipient
lists.

Separate lists can be useful for other reasons. E.g. it might be
desirable if anyone who was subscribed to any of the lists
@grass.itc.it could post to all of them; replies to cross-posted
messages may be useful on lists to which the sender is not subscribed.