[winGRASS] r.out.gdal not working in WinGrass 6.1 cvs-5 binary

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Sep 8 09:54:33 EDT 2005

I just tried exporting a geotiff using r.out.gdal, and received the
following error messages:

 r.out.gdal input=rosemerge_north output=Tiff_test.tif

ERROR: Required GRASS plugin for GDAL is missing.
       GDAL must be built with GRASS support to use r.out.gdal.

However, r.in.gdal seems to work fine. I've imported a tiff with worldfile
using r.in.gdal without errors. Since my ArcGIS 9.0 won't
generate true geotiffs, it would be really great to have this ability in the
latest WinGrass binary.

The version I'm using is the Sept.2 binary from Cho's site.

Any comments or workarounds?

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric Patton

Technologist, Geo-Spatial Data Services
Geological Survey of Canada (Atlantic)
Natural Resources Canada
Bedford Institute of Oceanography
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada B2Y 4A2

Postal address: P.O. Box 1006
Courier address: 1 Challenger Drive

Telephone: (902)426-7732
Facsimile:  (902)426-4104
E-mail:        <mailto:epatton at NRCan.gc.ca> epatton at NRCan.gc.ca