[winGRASS] Help please!!!

Natalie O'Toole notoole at mtroyal.ca
Tue May 23 14:36:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm using GRASS 6.0 and - I'm trying to pan-sharpen a Landsat 7 ETM image.
I've imported bands 1, 2, 3 and 8 (panchromatic band)  into GRASS (they
were originally in GeoTIFF format). I've set the correct projection, and
each of the bands I import display in the proper location in the display
window. So, now I can complete the pan-sharpening by the following steps:

Apply a contrast stretch

g.region res=25
r.colors tm.1 color=grey.eq
r.colors tm.2 color=grey.eq
r.colors tm.3 color=grey.eq

RGB view of RGB channels:

d.rgb r=tm.3 g=tm.2 b=tm.1

That works perfectly up to here. Then, in the next step I have some
problems...

RGB to IHS transformation:

g.region res=12.5
i.rgb.his red_input=tm.3 green_input=tm.2 blue_input=tm.1 hue_output=hue
intensity_output=int saturation_output=sat

When I run this command, GRASS just sits there and does not process, but
yet there is no error message...

Please, is there a patch or another command to fix this? Am I doing
something wrong? Should I install a different version of GRASS?

If anyone knows the answer please, please let me know!!

Thank-you,

Nat