[winGRASS] ps.map unable to find component

Isaac Ullah isaac.ullah at asu.edu
Tue May 23 16:56:47 EDT 2006

Hi Marshall,

   I reply to the whole list because the answer to the pq.dll part of your question will be interesting to all, I assume. I had found a workaround for this problem some months ago, and since then, have been contacted by (and replied to) several people who experienced the pq.dll problem. Below is the solution I found to work:

    "luckily, there is a very easy solution (fix) to
this problem. The problem stems from an update to postgresql with no
concurrent reversioning in WinGRASS... the old version of postgresql had
a file named "pq.dll" wich was subsequnetly renamed to "cygpq.dll" for
the newest cygwing vesion. This new file resides in \\cygwin\bin, and
all you have to do is to make a copy of it in that directory and rename
the copy "pq.dll". Make sure you are actually making a copy and not a
shortcut, as a renamed shortcut will not work. To make sure that
everything works fine, you may also want to put this "new" pq.dll in
\\cygwin\usr\bin and \\cygwin\usr\local\bin..."

I hope this solution will work for you as well.

Cheers,

Isaac Ullah