[winGRASS] Create location problem

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Oct 26 07:26:59 EDT 2006

Ing.Peter Misovic wrote:
> Dear all,
> I searched the mailinglist archive to find out anything in regard of
> this issue, but with any result. If I'd like to create a brand new
> location, the procedure failed during  confirmation of 'line location
> description' (snapshoted on attached picture).

No picture attached...

> Could anybody help me
> with ?

[...]
> P.S from my point of view I feel that the problem of creation of new
> location (leading to failure) would by the major problem of winGRASS
> software.

I agree.

> Maybe that's only my problem (the better case) but if not, I
> would report it as a bug. Is there any possibility to do so ?

Already done and the issue is being actively discussed.

http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5216
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5218

and

http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2006-October/026650.html for
further discussion.

I think it is very important to understand that the current wingrass
version is highly experimental. I probably would not even consider it
beta stage, yet, as many, in my eyes fundamental, functionalities are
not available.

However, I would highly encourage everyone to test it as much as
possible. All your reports are very useful to find the many issues that
still remain to be solved.

Moritz