[winGRASS] V.type

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Nov 9 18:28:04 EST 2007

Sampson, David wrote:
> Got the following error when trying VECTOR > CONVERT OBJECT TYPES
>

> Couldn't execute "….etc\gui\scripts\v.type.sh"
>
> I was then left with a blank window #24

AFAICT, this is due to the fact that the tcl exec command runs a command
just as the native os would run it and that windows does not know how to
execute a .sh file.

I have been able to get it to work by doing the following:

- Create a file v.types.bat in $GISBASE/bin containing
@"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"%GISBASE%/etc/gui/scripts/v.types" %*'

and renamed GISBASE/etc/gui/scripts/v.type.sh to v.types (no .sh, but an
's' at the end). Apparently the .sh extension just doesn't work, and
using v.type for any of the two file names creates a conflict with
v.type.exe, the C-module.

I imagine that renaming v.type.sh to v.type should not create any
compatibility problems since this is an internal script not to be used
directly by the user. However, we need to create a v.types.bat which
lives next to the v.type executable in the bin folder. I don't know how
to do this automatically.

But probably there is some more elegant way...

Moritz