[GRASS-windows] Problems with Mapcanvas

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Nov 20 16:33:55 EST 2007

Contents of PERMANENT/PROJ_INFO file:

name: Lambert Conformal Conic
proj: lcc
datum: nad83
ellps: grs80
lat_1: 36.16666666666666
lat_2: 34.33333333333334
lat_0: 33.75
lon_0: -79
x_0: 609601.22
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined
towgs84: 0.000,0.000,0.000

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.

             Glynn Clements
             <glynn at gclements.
             plus.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
             grass-windows-bou                                          cc
             nces at lists.osgeo.         grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org,
             org                       grass-windows at lists.osgeo.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [GRASS-windows] Problems with
             11/20/2007 03:09          Mapcanvas
             PM

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov wrote:

> Output from g.region -up for problem region:
>
> projection: 99 (Lambert Conformal Conic
> )

So, there is actually a newline before the closing parenthesis?

What is in the PERMANENT/PROJ_INFO file?

My first guess is that the code which creates the broken locations is
writing the PROJ_INFO file with CRLF line terminators. The CR is
making its way into the projection name, then getting converted to a
LF later.