[winGRASS] Eclipse/CDT + Mingw

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 06:36:52 EDT 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:38:16 +0200
> Von: Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>
> An: peter.loewe at gmx.de
> CC: wingrass at grass.itc.it
> Betreff: Re: [winGRASS] Eclipse/CDT + Mingw

> On 02/10/07 11:12, peter.loewe at gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has anybody so far succeeded in using Eclipse/CDT + MINGW to build
> > GRASS native binaries for Windoze ?
>
> The current native binaries (see
> http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/wingrass/) are built with MINGW+MSYS.
>
> I've never tried with Eclipe. What do you think the advantage would be ?

Using an Integrated Development Environment such as Eclipse becomes handy when a software projects becomes sufficiently large. GRASS is definetely large. IDEs are also handy for debugging, code management and refactoring.

Eclipse was originally used for Java development. By now there is the CDT extension for C/C++ development which includes integration of CVS-hosted projects.

Compiling GRASS as an eclipse project in Linux is rather straightforward.

However, I have currently reached a dead end when trying to do the same thing under Microsoft Windows. Using MING/MSYS in Eclipse works for small projects, but doing it for GRASS remains a challenge.

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Löwe
<peter.loewe at gmx.de>