[winGRASS] issue with 6.3 RC1 binary

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Fri Oct 26 13:30:39 EDT 2007

Hi,
      I downloaded and Activestate's TCL and msys per the cvs instructions
and then unzipped the Grass 6.3RC1 file under c:.  When I start the
grass6.3.bat file and try to create a location I get :

couldn't open "C:/Documents and Settings/dnewcomb.usfwsral3/.grassrc6":
permission denied
couldn't open "C:/Documents and Settings/dnewcomb.usfwsral3/.grassrc6":
permission denied
    while executing
"open $filename "w""
    (procedure "putGRASSRC" line 8)
    invoked from within
"putGRASSRC $gisrc_name"
    invoked from within
".frame0.frameBUTTONS.ok invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 24)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .frame0.frameBUTTONS.ok"
    (command bound to event)

Thoughts?  My initial impressions 1) What are those forward slashes doing
there ( Msys?)  2) I should have write access to my "home" directory on
Windows.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.