[winGRASS] Re: winGRASS Digest, Vol 14, Issue 2

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Oct 29 07:55:04 EDT 2007

>> Hi,
>>       I downloaded and Activestate's TCL and msys per the cvs
instructions
>> and then unzipped the Grass 6.3RC1 file under c:.  When I start the
>> grass6.3.bat file and try to create a location I get :
>>
>> couldn't open "C:/Documents and Settings/dnewcomb.usfwsral3/.grassrc6":
>> permission denied
>> couldn't open "C:/Documents and Settings/dnewcomb.usfwsral3/.grassrc6":
>>

>Could you try in a path without white space? Just to know...

>Markus
Markus,

      I'm starting the grass63.bat from the command line from
c:\grass63RC1\bin.  I'm on a windows box that is using roving profiles in
an NT-style Primary Domain Controller ( Samba).  I am assuming that it's
trying to automatically create the .grassrc6 file in the location of my
local windows profile ( i.e., C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME.DOMAIN).
I'm not seeing a way around spaces if that is the issue.

      I'll try logging into the machine off of the domain and see if it
makes a difference.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.