[winGRASS] Re: Re: issue with 6.3 RC1 binary

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Oct 30 08:49:20 EDT 2007

>Odd. In most cases, the user's "Documents and Settings" directory (the
>exact name varies according to language) is more likely to work than
>the root directory.

>Users with networked home directories will typically want their GRASS
>configuration saved there.

>If HOME is unset, the default is to set it to %USERPROFILE%, which I
>would normally expect to be writable.

Just for fun, I set the Home to the c:\New Folder directory , that I
created.  I had no problems  creating the .grass6 file in that directory,
so spaces in the directory name are not the problem.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.

             Glynn Clements
             <glynn at gclements.
             plus.com>                                                  To
                                       Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
             10/29/2007 06:53                                           cc
             PM                        wingrass at grass.itc.it
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [winGRASS] Re: Re: issue with
                                       6.3 RC1 binary

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>       I downloaded and Activestate's TCL and msys per the cvs
instructions
> >> and then unzipped the Grass 6.3RC1 file under c:.  When I start the
> >> grass6.3.bat file and try to create a location I get :
> >>
> >> couldn't open "C:/Documents and
Settings/dnewcomb.usfwsral3/.grassrc6":