[GRASS-windows] Problem with v.rast.stats

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Aug 20 06:44:47 EDT 2008

Gonzalo Moreno wrote:

> I have proved the solution given by Marco (replace in v.rast.stats every
> instance of r.cats (there is only 1) with r.category). It seems to work but
> finally the output shows other problem:
>
> C:/GRASS/scripts/v.rast.stats: v.db.addcol: command not found
>
> I have a file named v.db.addcol in C:\GRASS\scripts and in C:\GRASS\bin (a
> batch file).
>
> I've proved too the solution given by Glynn. First, I have installed the
> latest version of GRASS for windows (native). Then, I checked that I have
> the script and the batch file, as I show below:

[snip]

> I think everything is correct, but when I execute v.rast.stats, the output
> says that r.cats is a command not found.
>
> Could be the problem in referencing the folders where the files are?

The folders must be in the path. Type "path" at the command prompt to
see the current path.

The bin folder should be added to the path when you start GRASS.

Note that you can't run GRASS modules from the command prompt without
first starting GRASS from that prompt. Apart from the path issues, the
GRASS libraries (and any modules which use them) require various files
and environment variables to be set.