[GRASS-windows] Error: Redirection is not supported

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 8 15:59:46 EST 2008

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> I gave the 6.3.0RC4 wingrass binaries a spin.  But when I run the
>> grass63 shell script
>
> Windows is supposed to use the grass63.bat file (which invokes
> init.bat); I don't know whether Init.sh is meant to be supported under
> Windows.

Glynn,

OK, if I tried from cmd.exe I get:

c:\warmerda\grass63RC4\bin>grass63.bat
grass63.bat
access: Invalid argument
ERROR: LOCATION << c:/warmerda/grass63RC4/bin/<UNKNOWN> >> not available
'"wish.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'"wish.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
access: Invalid argument
ERROR: LOCATION << c:/warmerda/grass63RC4/bin/<UNKNOWN> >> not available

Am I supposed to have a grass database setup before I run things?

Best regards,