[GRASS-windows] msys grass63 and wingrass

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 9 12:11:23 EST 2008

I have had good luck starting wingrass from within an msys terminal and
using it to run scripts that were originally developed in a linux
environment. The reason this is helpful is that the scripting features make
grass really powerful and as far as I know scripts really only work in msys.
Now if the move to doing scripting in python takes hold, I guess that would
remove the need for msys, although it would also mean that a huge number of
shell scripts would have to be rewritten.

Jerry

Gerald C. Nelson

Professor

217-333-6465 - office